With the help of both local and international volunteers, ACCESS has built new classrooms for various schools in the community, restored old classrooms by painting and rebuilding structures of the classrooms, and assisted at regional orphanages. ACCESS has also helped to build a water tank for the local community and has planted thousands of trees for reforestation in the area.
Our mission is to educate the public and build a stronger sense of community through volunteer projects. The goal is to help with sustainable development and management of community based projects with public and private partners to alleviate poverty.
- Immersing yourself into a different culture and experiencing the life style of people around Mt Kenya.
- Learn about Kenya and the people who live there.
- You'll have the experience of a lifetime learning about yourself and life in a developing country!
- Meeting new friends and joining a community group and working towards a better environment and being a part of the solution.
- Living in the shadows of Mt. Kenya and trekking up the mountain.
- Working alongside the staff in Naro Moru to help disadvantaged students and knowing that you made a difference in their lives.
- Deepening your experience of traveling to another country by meeting local people.